- Office hours are Monday thru Thursday 8:00am – 5:30pm or by appointment only.
- Payment is expected at time of service, unless other arrangements have been made in advance.
- X-ray and records requests must be received 24 hours in advance.
- We request 48 hours advance notice for cancellations and changes to schedule to avoid $75 fee.
- Patients with a history of failed appointments may be required to reserve a future appointment with a credit card.
- We enjoy being a family dentist however, when completing dental work on children we strongly recommend the use of Nitrous Oxide (laughing gas) to relax the child and help them have a better experience. There is a fee of $35 not generally covered by insurance.
- In some cases a child’s poor behavior leads to increased anxiety in the office. This can affect the staff’s ability to serve all our patients as well as lead to the discomfort of patients in the office. It also can lead to loss of time and loss of production. In these circumstances a $75 behavior management fee will be accessed. (This fee is not covered by insurance.)
- If we are unable to complete treatment on your child we will be happy to recommend a pediatric office.
Refunds may be available up to 14 days after payment has been made. Refund requests received within 24 hours of online payment made will be refunded back to card used. Refund requests received after 24 hours will be issued the form of a check. In the case of a patient overpayment, our office will notify the patient. These type of refunds may be available after the 14 day window. If you have any questions please contact us at (770) 813-1200.
Payments made online are either payments toward services rendered or toward future services. Products such as Toothbrushes, Floss, Closys rinse, MI Paste, or Clinipro are not available online at this time and are only available for pick up from our office.
Notice of Privacy Practices as required by HIPPA
We may use your health information for two primary purposes: Treatment and payment.
Treatment: We may disclose your health information to another dentist or physician providing treatment to you.
Payment: We may disclose your health information to obtain payment for services we provide to you (e.g. insurance company)
Other: It is unlikely, but we may be asked to disclose your health information as required by law for disaster relief; to report abuse
or neglect; for public health statistics; by court order; to law enforcement agencies; to coroners, medical examiners; organ
procurement organizations; to avert a serious threat to health or safety; to federal officials for national security and as authorized by
state worker’s compensation laws.
Legal Notice and Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions govern your use of this website and the websites of any programs or affiliates of Sugarloaf Smiles. (collectively, the"Website") and the materials accessible on or from the Website. The Website is provided as a service to customers of Sugarloaf Smiles may be used for informational purposes only. By accessing or browsing the Website or other websites through links provided on the Website (“Other Sites”), or by downloading any materials from the Website or any of the Other Sites, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions contained or referenced herein (the “Terms and Conditions”). If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not access or use the Website or the Other Sites. Sugarloaf Smiles reserves the right, at its discretion, to update or revise the Terms and Conditions. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically check the Terms and Conditions for changes. Your continued use of the Website or the Other Sites following the posting of any changes to the Terms and Conditions constitutes your acceptance of those changes.
Agreement to Rules of User Conduct. You hereby agree to abide by the Sugarloaf Smiles Rules of User Conduct, including but not limited to, agreeing not to use the Website or the Other Sites for any unlawful purpose. A copy of the Rules of User Conduct, which you should review, can be found below.
Trademarks. The trademarks, logos, and service marks displayed on the Website (collectively, the "Trademarks") are trademarks of Sugarloaf Smiles and its affiliates. Nothing contained on the Website should be construed as granting any license or right to use any of the Trademarks without the written permission of Sugarloaf Smiles. Unauthorized use of any of the Trademarks is strictly prohibited.